Friday, February 22, 2013

Welcome!

As my first real blog post, I figured I would explain to you what I do. I am an artist. The medium that I use is digital painting. Using the computer and my pen tablet, I paint digitally. Now it is important to note that this is not photo manipulation. I do not take a photograph, scan it into the computer and mess with it and apply filters. Being that my art style is realism, I do heavily reference photographs, but I do not paint over them or edit them. For a better explanation, check out the wikipedia entry

Now, there are some advantages to painting digitally, for example, I can create on different layers, I can adjust colors and tones at any time, and it's much more cost effective. However, there are disadvantages as well. I cannot physically rotate my "brush". I don't have a feel of pressure. My pen is not directly on the artwork as I paint, it's on the tablet and the cursor is on the screen in front of me.

From now on, I'm going to be making videos of my work as I'm painting them (time lapsed of course, unless you want to watch the digital equivalent of paint drying), which I will be posting to my youtube channel, which you can view directly from this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment